Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount the filesystem

Phuti
Occasional Advisor

Mount the filesystem

Hi Gurus

I have HP MSA30 storage array that is installed I need to mount this device so that we can begin to use it...How do I begin to mount it...please help

Thanks in Advance.
5 REPLIES
DCBrown
Frequent Advisor

Re: Mount the filesystem

How is the MSA30 connected to the box running Tru64 Unix - that is through which adapter? What gets returned when you use the scu INQUIRY command against the MSA30 devices? The reason I ask is that I've heard of the MSA1000 and MSA1500 but not the MSA30 in terms of qualification with the Tru64 operating system.

Bud
DCBrown
Frequent Advisor

I've been informed that the MSA30 is a parallel scsi shelf/box that goes behind the MSA1500 controller. So the question is how to mount a disk exported by an MSA1500 controller. Have you set up the storage in the MSA1500 and has a hwmgr -scan been run on Tru64 box? Were the new disks found?

Bud
Phuti
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thanks for the reply...I have thsi after I entered hwmgr -view devices :

3: /dev/dmapi/dmapi 4: scp (unknown) (unknown)
5: /dev/kevm
45: /dev/disk/floppy0c 3.5in floppy fdi0-unit-0
62: /dev/disk/dsk0c i2o_bs iop-0-dev-0
63: /dev/disk/dsk1c i2o_bs iop-0-dev-1
64: /dev/disk/cdrom0c COMPAQ CD-224E bus-1-targ-0-lun-0
65: /dev/ntape/tape0

How do I know which disk is the MSA30 and how do I create/mount the NFS if my disk is /dev/disk/dsk0c...

Thanks in advance
DCBrown
Frequent Advisor

The i2o driver is for the KZPCC backplane raid controller. See http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/products/storage/kzpcc_ac.html for more information. Although the MSA30 shelf is listed as a supported enclosure for the KZPEA, the KZPCC adapter does not list the MSA30 shelf as a supported enclosure. On the face of it, it doesn't appear to be a valid hardware configuration.

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

After you confirm the device name, for example /dev/disk/dsk1c, you have to:

1- Initialize the label:

disklabel -rw dsk1

2- Create a domain:

mkfdmn /dev/disk/dsk1c disk1_domain

3- Create a fileset

mkfset disk1_domain disk1

4- Mount the fileset

mount disk1_domain#disk1 /disk1

5- Edit fstab and add the FS to be mounted at boot time.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?