1752456 Members
6296 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NTP frequency and Kernel Parameter monitoring command

EddieChuah

NTP frequency and Kernel Parameter monitoring command

Hi All,
May I know how we can check the frequency for the ntp client to sync with the ntp server? Any command we can use?

For kernel parameter, is there any command to check the current loading compare to the range provided for all parameters?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: NTP frequency and Kernel Parameter monitoring command

To check the frecuency use ntpq -pn. The poll column is what you need.

For kernel parameters, to view the current values use a command like this:

sysconfig -q subsystem attrib

Example:

sysconfig -q proc maxusers

To view the allowed range use:

sysconfig -Q subsystem attrib

Example:

sysconfig -Q proc maxusers
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
EddieChuah

I have get the value 1024 under the pool column. Is this number mean every 1024 seconds, the client will sync with the ntp server?

For kernel question, thanks for the reply. Actually my question is listed below:

1)let say my systems' rdg max_sessions has been set to 500, how can we check the current session which are running in the system? I need a command for checking all the "loading" of all the kernel parameter.

Thousand thanks.

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The poll (poll period) column indicates the polling interval to the remote host, as determined by xntpd.

You can define the minimum polling interval with the minpoll option in the peer, server, or
broadcast definitions in the /etc/ntp.conf ile. Some popular values for network connections include 512 and 1024 seconds
(approximately 8 mins. and 17 mins.). Systems with external clocks, like GPS, must poll every 64 seconds or less.

I think that still I don't understand your kernel question, maybe this link may help you:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1050121
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?