Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Info on FCA 2684 configuration

Kishan Kumar
Occasional Advisor

Need Info on FCA 2684 configuration

Hi,

I have connected an FCA2684 to a TRue64 Alpha DS-15 server running on V5.1.The FCA2684 is connected to a FC switch .The connection from teh FC switch is to a NSR router on to a MSL 6000 Library.
I am very new to True 64.Can anyone guide me a step by step procedure/command in order to configure the FCA 2684 and then after this how do i see whether the 2 drives and the Changer of MSL is seen by True 64.

Thanks in advance
kishan
3 REPLIES
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

Re: Need Info on FCA 2684 configuration

Well, you can start to read this
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00123672/c00123672.pdf

You will see there that v5.1 is not supporting this adapter. You need minimum
Tru64 v5.1B + NHD7
or
Tru64 v5.1B + minimum patchkit 3

If you plan to install the OS on disks connected to the SAN, you need the first combination.
If you install the OS on a local disk in the DS15 and use the SAN disks only for DATA, then the 2nd way is better.

BTW: patchkit #3 is the minimum version for this adapter, but I advise to install patchkit #5.

Regards

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Kishan Kumar
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for teh info.i am running V5.1B ofcourse :-) and can you kindly let me not where to get the patch kit5
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

Kishan,

Well, on this same ITRC site, you can download the patchkits.

To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer