Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752515 Members
4725 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New daylight savings time rule for 2007 patches do nothing !

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

New daylight savings time rule for 2007 patches do nothing !

Hi,

I have installed patches T64KIT1000378-V51BB26-E-20060216.tar and it did nothing so I also installed T64KIT1000403-V51BB25-E-20060217.tar

The patches installed without any problems but they don't seem to change anything in the dates at which the time change occurs.

I tried to link /etc/zoneinfo/localtime to /etc/zoneinfo/Canada/Eastern, /etc/zoneinfo/America/Montreal and /etc/zoneinfo/America/New_york

The local time shows properly but the time change still occurs at the old dates:
April 1st 2007 and October 28 2007 instead of
March 11th 2007 and Nov.4th 2007.

I checked the sources/northamerica file but could not see new rules there.

I tried to zdump the zone, but it still shows the old change dates.

Do I have to manually edit the sources file and recompile with zic for the new dates to come in effect?

What are these patches for anyway, they don't seem to do anything?

Thx

Chris
8 REPLIES 8
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

>> Do I have to manually edit the sources file and recompile with zic for the new dates to come in effect?

This is the "always work" alternative. I use this method as patches for my country timezone are not released.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

I got the latest Olson tables from:
ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

tzdata2006o.tar.gz seems to be the latest version including the 2007 changes.

I recompiled the northamerica source and the time change now occurs at the correct dates but I still wonder what were the patches for ??

Chris

Joseph P. Smith
Regular Advisor

Chris,

I apologize if I'm asking if the unit is plugged in.

What is your system version?
sizer -v

The first patch (... V51BB26 ...) is, I think for V5.1B-3 (PK4), while the second (...V51BB25...)is for V5.B-2 (PK3).

Could this account for the kit's ineffectiveness/problems?

Joe S.
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Christian,

You have two issues. First, the current patches include only changes for the United States. Some of the Canadian provinces and territories were slow in deciding whether to follow the U.S. changes, so there wasn't sufficient information available on Canada at the time the ERP was produced. Stay tuned for a new set in the near future that includes the Canadian changes.

Second, the timezone names are case-sensitive. According to your note, you tested with America/New_york (lower case "y"). The actual name is America/New_York (upper case "Y").

Regards,
Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info Martin,

Where should I look to check if the Canadian patches are out and available ?

Chris
Martin Moore
HPE Pro
Solution

Christian,

To find out when the patches become available, you could sign up for proactive patch notification here on ITRC. Or you could periodically check the public Tru64 ERP page, which is http://h30097.www3.hp.com/unix/EarlyReleasePatch-download.html.

The Canada patches are not yet available, but the process is moving along. It won't be much longer.

Regards,
Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Thank You, will do.....

Chris
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Will monitor web site for patches.