1752565 Members
5481 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pearl Scripting

Learn_1
Regular Advisor

Pearl Scripting

I have AS4100 running TRU64Unix5.1B with patch kit3 installed.i want to check whether pearl scripting software installed or not.how can i accomplish this.whether it is included in the base OS or do we need to install it seperatly.if seperatly then where can i find this.As we are going to install Oracle9i on this server.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Anwar,

besides from just trying perl to see what happens or find / -name perl -print
if it is not in the PATH, you can install perl as a part of Oracle. I think, it is part of the Apache Webserver.

greetings,

Michael
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

In v5.1B, /usr/bin/perl is part of OSFBASE540. (this is the Base OS)
You have also the perl-runtime in /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0. The last one is an optional subset during the OS-installation.
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

According to me perl has to loaded separately and doesnt come with your base operating system. I had to install web server and while installing that i was needed to install perl - which is available on the OS cd of 5.1B as OSFPERL540 . so you can install that either using setld or sysman gui based software management.
I hope thats what u wanted.

Ninad
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

To find out if Perl is ready to run, bring up a command line, then:
perl -version
By the way: This command should work with any OS....

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

try

# setld -i |grep -i perl

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }