Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Option

Bruno Vilardo
Regular Advisor

Restore Option

Hello All,

I do backup every day using VDUMP.
I backup 4 of my file systems,
But i have a 5th file system that is not backed up, but my backup backs up the / as well.
My question is when the / is backed up , all the file system are backedup as well or not ?
Because all the file sysmte are under the / right ?

How can i restore the 5th file sysmte under the / ?

Thanks

Bruno
5 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Restore Option

Hi,

if it belongs to root_domain#root then yes, if you see it with an independant mountpoint when using df -k, then no.
vdump saves per fileset.

greetings,

Michael
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

man vdump will give the answer....
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Mohamed K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Bruno,
The file sets that you are talking about are not backed up with the root (/). These are mount points, you have to specify the 5th file set in you backup like the other 4.
If you posted the DF -k output, everything would be clearer.

Mohamed
Mohamed K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Bruno,
I am assuming that you have the root, /usr, and /var on the system disk and all other filesets are separate disks physically. post the df -k so we can guide you further.

As for the restore, moving the tape to the begining of the backed up file set and doing a vrestore will do it.

Mohamed
Bruno Vilardo
Regular Advisor

HEy guys thanks for the response and sory for the delay in answer back.

I put the other file system into my backupn script and now it´s also being backup.
Thanks a lot
I appreciate.

B