Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server down problem with AS4100 related to IOD0 failur

MahdiRa
Frequent Advisor

Server down problem with AS4100 related to IOD0 failur

Hi all
I have AS4100 and there was a problem with temperature and I changed all the system fanes and CPU fan after that i continue getting Error through booting "Failed IOD0" and could not boot so i did change the bridge module after that I get the same problem and the server is down now. so pleas advice
thx in advance

2 REPLIES
Mohamed K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Re: Server down problem with AS4100 related to IOD0 failur

Check the placing of CPUs, memory boards and other boards, maybe you have mispalced boards, or they need to be re-seated again. Or maybe there is bad PCI cards on the IOD0 bus. I think you have to do some more troubleshooting and trial & error to eliminate or find the problem

Here is some information I got:

The 4100 supports a maximum of two instances. CPU0 is always assigned to the first instance, and CPU1 is always assigned to the second instance. The other two CPUs can be assigned to either instance.
The PCI slots on IOD0 are for the first instance, and the PCI slots on IOD1 are for the second instance.

HTH
Mohamed
MahdiRa
Frequent Advisor

Re: Server down problem with AS4100 related to IOD0 failur

i think I do return the system exactly the case which it was running good on and i do check every module many times but the situation is that i have also restart cases when am booting the system it some times get to the consol and when i boot it, it starts doing the restarting case many times then not succeeding to boot and some other times it hangs up at the graphics init and gives failed IOD0 and IOD1