4915 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Tru64 / TruCluster 5.1 / Alpha servers on IBM DS8300 storage

Aco Blazeski
Regular Advisor

Tru64 / TruCluster 5.1 / Alpha servers on IBM DS8300 storage

Hi all,

I would appreciate your comments/opinion on "cooperation" between Alpha servers (with TruCluster 5.1) and IBM's DS8300 storage with SVC (SAN Volume Controller).

If someone of you have this combination at your site, what is your experience. Did you have any problems with it ? What was your experience if you have migrated your Alpha-s from some storage to DS8300.

Thanks a lot for your time and comments, will be appreciated
1 REPLY 1
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Tru64 / TruCluster 5.1 / Alpha servers on IBM DS8300 storage

We evaluated the buy of an EVA and DS storage also. We went by the EVA just because we don't want to have problems of ping pong when a problem occurs. That is, IBM tells that the problem is the servers and HP says that the problem is the storage. (In my country that happens a lot, I don't know there).

But, IBM said that they won't sell a product that is not 100% certified to work, and I think that it's true. They need maintain a good image.

Suddenly, I cannot tell if this works or not, but please keep up informed about this issue.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?