New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tru64 Upgrade Path

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

Tru64 Upgrade Path

Hello,

I have a couple 5.1 PK3 systems that I would like to bring up to 5.1B PK5 and I was wondering the upgrade path / procedure... can I go right to 5.1B by doing an upgrade installation from the CD? Or do I need to hit 5.1A along the way? I couldn't find anything official on hp's site.

TIA,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Check the installation guide, according to this, you must upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1A and then to 5.1B
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

If they are clustered systems, you must go to 5.1A first and then to 5.1B. However, for a standalone system, you can go directly from 5.1 to 5.1B.

Martin

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

Did this info come from the install guide for 5.1B or another source?

Thanks
Chris
Martin Moore
HPE Pro
Solution

For a standalone system, see the V5.1B Installation Guide at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARH8SETE/TITLE.HTM. Section 2.3 states:

"The Update Installation process updates your operating system from Version 5.1 or Version 5.1A to Version 5.1B."

For a TruCluster, see the TruCluster V5.1B Installation manual at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARHGXETE/TITLE.HTM. Table 1-1 states that the upgrade path from V5.1 to V5.1B is a rolling upgrade from V5.1 to V5.1A, followed by another rolling upgrade from V5.1A to V5.1B.

Hope this helps,
Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo