Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tru64 Upgrade Path

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

Tru64 Upgrade Path

Hello,

I have a couple 5.1 PK3 systems that I would like to bring up to 5.1B PK5 and I was wondering the upgrade path / procedure... can I go right to 5.1B by doing an upgrade installation from the CD? Or do I need to hit 5.1A along the way? I couldn't find anything official on hp's site.

TIA,
Chris
4 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Tru64 Upgrade Path

Check the installation guide, according to this, you must upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1A and then to 5.1B
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

If they are clustered systems, you must go to 5.1A first and then to 5.1B. However, for a standalone system, you can go directly from 5.1 to 5.1B.

Martin

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

Did this info come from the install guide for 5.1B or another source?

Thanks
Chris
Martin Moore
HPE Pro
Solution

For a standalone system, see the V5.1B Installation Guide at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARH8SETE/TITLE.HTM. Section 2.3 states:

"The Update Installation process updates your operating system from Version 5.1 or Version 5.1A to Version 5.1B."

For a TruCluster, see the TruCluster V5.1B Installation manual at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARHGXETE/TITLE.HTM. Table 1-1 states that the upgrade path from V5.1 to V5.1B is a rolling upgrade from V5.1 to V5.1A, followed by another rolling upgrade from V5.1A to V5.1B.

Hope this helps,
Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details