1752579 Members
4286 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Using Collect

Charles Shaffer
Advisor

Using Collect

Need to graph the CPU usage over a month AND the Average usage during the month. I see an AVG verb, but can't find any documentation on how it is used. Have similar need for Memory usage.
6 REPLIES 6
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

'collgui' is the front-end tool for collect. You can use it to plot charts for desired subsystems. For more info, check out the manpage.

Note that collgui is delivered on Associated Products CD No.2 (Subset: COLUTIL540).

Hope this helps.

rgds,
blv
Charles Shaffer
Advisor

I have installed Collgui and am producing graphs. My specific question is how to graph the average usage over the month. For memory and CPU.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

I don't think there is any specific functionality available in collgui that allows you to find the average usage for the given set of samples. You can only visually see spikes in the graph.

I hope you are aware of the usage of "-p" and "-f" options for producing a single collect file from a set of collect files.

rgds,
blv
Charles Shaffer
Advisor

So my best shot is probably to use the -p and -f options to combine a month's worth of data into one file, export it to Excel and try and solve the problem in Excel?
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

That would be correct.

rgds,
blv
Charles Shaffer
Advisor

I have found an answer to my question.