New Discussion юеВ

Re: Which kernel subset are these in?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Blake Roberts
Frequent Advisor

Which kernel subset are these in?

Good morning,

I am in the process of verifying a couple of kernel parameters for use with Openview Operations. Unforutnately, I cannot remember which subsystem these two exist in.

nfile (max number of open files)
nflocks (file locks)

Of course, I am fairly positive these are not the real names of the subsets, as most application documentation goes with the Solaris or HP-UX name of the kernel parameter, instead of the Tru64 name. The other parameters all lurk in the ipc subsystem (semaphores, message queues, etc). I've looked for these in there, but I don't see them.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
--Blake Roberts
3 REPLIES 3
Abdul Rahiman
Esteemed Contributor

File parameters that you are looking for a are part of kernel "vfs" subsystem.
I think they goes by the names max_vnodes, for max. no. of open files and may be nlock_record, for the record locks.
Following commands for more details,
# sysconfig -q vfs
# man sys_attrs_vfs

HTH,
Abdul.
No unix, no fun
Peter Leddy_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Blake,

There is no comparison in Tru64 for these parameters, you can check it on this page(Near the end of the page)

http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STKT/class_capacity.html

HTH,

Peter
Blake Roberts
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the quick replies. I can see where the vfs parameters may be the match, but I also like that HP-UX matrix. It was obvious that those were the parameters that HP wrote into their preinstall tasks for this.

Thanks for the help,
--Blake