9616 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: X11 Collgui problem

Kris Smith
Advisor

Charles,

Xterm is a command line application, unlike clock and collgui. What you ARE seeing is an indication that the application that has graphics to display cannot resolve the machine (IP) and display number(:0) of the receiving device. Since you received the response about the display error, it can be assumed that there is no IP issue (the server knows who you are and how to get to you). There is a problem with the DISPLAY portion, which is probably due to the :0.0 vs :0 setting, as described in the last posting. It is likely that you have authorized 10.206.201.57:0 in your Security settings, but the application is trying to connect to 10.206.201.57:0.0 which does not match (on a character basis). You could always try adding both the :0.0 and the :0 to see if that resolves your issue.
If that does not work, you will need to supply more information, as troubles described by the info you posted, to the best of my knowledge, have been answered.
Also, please post a notification when this problem has been fixed.

Regards,
Kris
Charles Shaffer
Advisor

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I have decided to bail on collgui. I am going to try using cfilt to create a text file that I will import into Excel.

CDS
Charles Shaffer
Advisor

Taking another approach