Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZLXp2-E Graphics Resolution & Refresh Rate on Tru64 v4.0F

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Barlow_1
Occasional Visitor

ZLXp2-E Graphics Resolution & Refresh Rate on Tru64 v4.0F

I have a AlphaStation 250 running Tru64 v4.0F with a ZLXp2-E graphics card. The user of this machine has reported a flickering monitor. But the monitor works fine on his PC. I have tried to configure the card with an entry in the Xservers file but it makes no difference, the monitor is always set to 1280x1024 72Hz.

I have tried in /etc/dt/config/Xservers:
:0 Local local@console /usr/bin/X11/X :0 -screen0 1280x1024 -vsync 85 -vclass TrueColor

But this makes no difference. I have also tried different resolutions and again no difference was made. If I comment out the line ":0 ..." the XServer does not start, so I assume I've got the right file.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: ZLXp2-E Graphics Resolution & Refresh Rate on Tru64 v4.0F

The old cards uses a rotatory switch or dip switches on the card itself.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Ok, the attachement in previous reply didn't make it intact to the forum.
So here again the toggle switch-table in another format (tar)

Johan.

_JB_
Rick Barlow_1
Occasional Visitor

The card I have is a ZLXp2-E not a ZLXp-E, the difference being it has a 16 Position Switch of the side of the board, inside the machine. The P/N is PBXGB-CA. A similar sheet that shows what this switch will do would be really helpful.

Thanks.
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor
Solution

Here you go, rotary switch and jumper settings for PBXGB-CA in attachement (zip)

Johan.

_JB_