New Discussion юеВ

Re: about cde logout and lockscreen

SOLVED
Go to solution
lin.chen
Frequent Advisor

about cde logout and lockscreen

I has a case about CDE. rx2620 os:hpux 11.23
after a time ,we do nothing about the system,cde will logout automaticly,but we need the CDE to lockscreen.so do you have any idea about it ,thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Balasubramanian S
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hello, does the cde session automatically logout for all the user login├в s or particular user login? You can remove the ~home/.dt directory and login to the cde session. About the lock screen, set the screen to lock after some idle time; this can be done through style manager (/usr/dt/bin/dtstyle). I hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Bala S
lin.chen
Frequent Advisor

It is very kind of you to answer my question.all the users has the same problem.
do you think that can I add a line in every user's profile ,such as TMOUT=0 to solve the problem.thanks!
Balasubramanian S
Frequent Advisor

Hi, TMOUT environment variable used to logout automatically from of an interactive shell after the specified number of seconds. So you cann't use this to logout from CDE session.

I guess you want to disable the automatic logout from cde login. Correct me if I am wrong. Did you check the options in "Screen" on Dtstyle manager?

Thanks,
-Bala S
Balasubramanian S
Frequent Advisor

Hello, you may need to findout is there any paramenter defined for logout in the /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C/dt.dt file under "ACTION LockDisplay" which is the action for CDE lock.

Thanks, -Bala S