Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account manager application

SOLVED
Go to solution
Angelo D'Ambrosio
Occasional Visitor

account manager application

Folks,
We have a Compaq Aplha DS20e server running TRu64. for a week I have been unable to access the account manager application in System admin. I get the run as root / cancel box as normal, but once i click on run as root the box disappears and nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Angelo
6 REPLIES
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: account manager application

What is the OS and patch version of the system? Can you give the actual command that you type on the prompt?
Angelo D'Ambrosio
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for reply. No command line prompt, it's accessed through the icon in the GUI. Not sure of exact OS and patch info, how would I obtain it (sorry, i'm no unix expert)
Angelo D'Ambrosio
Occasional Visitor

OSF1 airsys V4.0 1229 alpha

Ok, so I used the uname command and got the above. Is this what you were asking?

Thanks
Angelo
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Angelo,

Sounds like the account manager was terminated abnormally. Look in root for a file like '/.AM_is_running'. If you find it delete it and try again.

Vic
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

Angelo,

Actually it might be in /etc/.AM_is_running

Vic
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
Angelo D'Ambrosio
Occasional Visitor

Vic,
Many thanks, it was in /etc/ and after removal the account manager is opening fine.

Thanks again for you help,

Angelo