Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advfs inquiry

Pando
Regular Advisor

advfs inquiry

dear gurus,

how can check and repair a disk or domain in advfs? when i use the advfsstat, i got an i/o error

#advfsstat domain_01
advfsstat: unable to get info for domain 'domain_01'
advfsstat: error = I/O error

i need to backup the content of the disk.
4 REPLIES
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: advfs inquiry

1) What is the OS/patch version?
2) Do you see any errors in the /var/adm/messages file?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

These are the tools available:

/sbin/advfs/verify - Check domain consistency
/sbin/advfs/fixfdmn - If verify does not works, run this utility, and then run verify again (v5 only)
/sbin/advfs/salvage - Can save data from an corrupted domain. If fixfdmn/verify can't make your domain work, this could save your data.

The problem is that you get I/O error, this could be a hardware problem, or a failed RAID set. You won't be able to recover data from a hardware problem. Do a hardware verification first.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have a look in /etc/fdmns/domain_01 to see what physical device(s) are being used in the domain. You should then probably look at the output of hwmgr view devices and/or hwmgr show scsi to determine what is causing the I/O error...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Pando
Regular Advisor

Thanks!