7711 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

all our impressions we have a shift

Alfousseynou Bomou_1
Occasional Contributor

all our impressions we have a shift

One of our customers sends the following message to us:

<The problem is that on all our impressions we have a shift which has the following form:

line 1
line 2
line 3

A research let us know that this type of problem was frequent when the connection of the printer was TCP/IP.
The solution would seem to be a file filters (pcf) that HP would provide on request. Another solution being to try to create our self this file filters compatible from those already present in the system.
This last solution asking too much time (too many tests to be made).>>

Can somebody help us?

Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: all our impressions we have a shift

Does your printer have a JetDirect card or is it hooked up another way? I've seen cases where 'raw' Jetdirect printing using the hplaserof filter included with Tru64 was more reliable than TCP/IP-lpd printing. Here is an example printcap entry for such a set up:

PUWRRC:\
:if=/usr/lbin/hplaserof:\
:lf=/usr/spool/lpd/PUWRRC.log:\
:lp=@10.10.10.10/hplj:\
:mx#0:\
:pl#66:\
:pw#80:\
:of=/usr/lbin/hplaserof:\
:sd=/usr/spool/lpd/PUWRRC:\
:rw:\
:xf=/usr/lbin/xf:

Substitute your printer name as appropriate and change the 10.10.10.10 to the IP address assigned to your JetDirect card. This also requires the following line in the /etc/services file:

hplj 9100/tcp

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

In your message, your lines are aligned, what is a shift? Are you having a staircase problem?

Sorry if i did not understood your question, but my native language is not english.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if your printout looks like a staircase then there is no CR going with the LF.
Can you provide the printcap entry?

greetings,

Michael
Alfousseynou Bomou_1
Occasional Contributor

Impression with the following form:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

I want to say that the first character of line 2 is not on the same column as that of line 1 and the first character of line 3 is not on the same column as that of line 2, so on...

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the editing software kills all extra spaces here.
Please try what Mark suggests.

Michael
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Most printers have a menu where you can configure the CR->CR-LF mode. So you don't have to use any filter.

Note: You could attach the impression sample using the "attachmet" option.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?