New Discussion юеВ

Re: alpha and tru 64

SOLVED
Go to solution
BAUKnight
Frequent Advisor

alpha and tru 64

dear all,
i have a tru64 OS installed on alpha server DS20, i want to know how much memory is installed " which command(s) " can i use and what is the benifit of each..
also on the server there is a 72 GB hard drive with a blinking amber LED, why is this? also the mounted file system on that disk keeps to result in a Dirty File System when we issue the df command..
please advice ASAP.
fast response is strongly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor
Solution

What is the OS version? If its a 5.x system, you could use "vmstat -P" to see the Physical Memory on the system.

Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Blinking amber LED?
That probably means this disk is failed. Probably that is the reason for "Dirty File System".
Disk should be replaced, and file system returned from backup.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
BAUKnight
Frequent Advisor

am not sure if the fisk should be replaced, the blinking LED is amber not RED, i tried to fidure it out but could not find any usefull information about it,, also if the disk is damaged and causing a Dirty File System between whiles, i just run fsck on the disk and everything goes fine, but the blinking LED still there,,
i wonder is there some thing related to the capacity ofthe disk on this alpha server, i mean all other disk is less then 72 GB, this is the only one,, any one has an idea
BAUKnight
Frequent Advisor

the output of vmstat -p was correct, but the customer needed to check it physically, so i opened the server and show him the memory modules.