Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

booting from secondary storage...

Harsh Rao
Occasional Contributor

booting from secondary storage...

If i replicate my OS, which is on a disk in primary storage, to a disk present on the secondary storage - What all changes do I need to do on the OS in Secondary storage disk so as to boot from the secondary storage. For eg. I guess i need to change the swap device in the sysconfigtab.... anything else that I need to take care of... Thankx in advance..
3 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: booting from secondary storage...

Hi,

you will need to update the reference to / and /usr and maybe /var in /etc/fdmns
I hope, you don't use lsm for the system disk. This may complicate things.

greetings,

Michael
Harsh Rao
Occasional Contributor

hi there... thankx once again.. i am not using lsm... but its a 5 node cluster... but still i guess thatz it..

1. Chage the swap device in the sysconfigtab

2. Changes in the fdmns...

nothing else???
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Could you please be more specific, what version of OS, what storage controller (do you also change the scsi bus etc.). Is it so difficult?

If v5.x see best practice, if v.4.x of Tru64 boot single user mode, change fstab and swapspace (depending on your version).
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }