Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collgui , java interface in 5.1b , multiple cgz files

collgui , java interface in 5.1b , multiple cgz files

Hi..
In the old collgui , I could select multiple files to make views on ex. several days to get a trend of ex. mem usage.
HOW do I do the same in the Java interface ?
Is it supported ?

Best Regards
MArtin R??nde Andersen , ex. HiPi
6 REPLIES
Dave Bechtold
Respected Contributor

Re: collgui , java interface in 5.1b , multiple cgz files

Hi Martin,

Regarding your question on collgui v3. I have researched this and do not see an equivalent feature within collgui v3 as previously existed in v2 to select multiple collect data files.
I will go ahead and enter a suggestion Software Product Report (SPR) to engineering asking that functionality be considered for a future release.

One possible solution to this would be to use collect -p and -f options. Take your multiple collect data files and pass them to collect to have collect merge the file in to one larger file.

Example:

# collect -p data1.cgz -p data2.cgz -f data3

Then use the resulting data3.cgz file within collgui.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,
Dave Bechtold

Thanks ...
Your suggestion came into mind, and is ok as long as you only look at less than 10 files.

I also used to in v2 to get trending in disk usage and cpu usage, to predict upgrade paths on stable installation.
In that I would select 30 or more files to get a prediction graph.

If you do an SPR, One suggestion could be to be able to start the v3 with * in the filename. ex. : collgui collect*Jun*.cgz .

Thanks for your answer and see you later.
Martin
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

Hi Martin, Dave

The trick "collect -p A.cgz -p B.cgz -f A+B.cgz" is not always working.

If you run collgui V2 on such a "concatenated" file, you will get an error like GotoLastRec: out-of-sync.

With collgui V3, a window will pop up with a message that the file is not valid.

This problem in collect will be solved with one of the next patch_kits.

If I need to work with multiple inputfiles, I use the good old Version2 collgui.
fi: # collgui May-1[4567].cgz

BTW: It is the shell that expands the wildcards to all the files that fit.

Rgrds

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer

Tried your solution out.:

It seems that the number of input files can be exceeded.!

Then reducing the number of files to get the BIG file made (50 Mbyte) by collect I tried to use it in collgui:

Can't open archive file, make sure you are root and it s an valid collect archive. !!

So, I stay with V2 on my not so fast old install until further news come up.

See you
Donnie Satterfield
Occasional Visitor

Can someone tell me where I can retrieve the latest collgui for 4.0f?
Dave Bechtold
Respected Contributor

Hi Donnie,

The FTP site for Collect is ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/collect/ , the older V2 kit I know is there.

Dave Bechtold