Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dop on 4.0F

Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

dop on 4.0F

Hi Everyone,

I want to grant a user some restricted rights like being able to kill some other users processes , or taking backup , doing database shutdown/startup without knowing the root password.
This I think can be done with division of priviledges DOP which i found on 5.1B but is there anything like this on tru64 4.0F ? Please guide me.

Thanks
Ninad
3 REPLIES
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: dop on 4.0F

> Please guide me.

Ok... Upgrade to V5.1, be happy!
It's been out for years!
It'll solve that other problem also.

http://h18005.www1.hp.com/services/software/ss_pvs_se_amap.html

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hein.

Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

is upgradation the only solution ? isnt there any other way ? isnt there any package for 4.0F ?

Ninad
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

dop is part since 4.0x. The only difference is the non existing documentation for dop within the man-page and some syntax changes within the doprc file.

Add the following to /etc/doprc:

PRIV_NAME {
{path { /usr/bin/crontab -e USER } }
{groups { GROUP } }
{runid { root } }

The command is invoked as follows:

/usr/sbin/dop PRIV_NAME

In your case you must add the ps, kill, database shutdown script and backup-commands to the configuration file.

Another way is by setting the +s bit and changing the owner to "root" on the commands, so user is able to execute the commands and the command starts with root permission.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }