5281 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dupatch

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

dupatch

Hi all,

I cannot find a way to see "when" a patch was installed on TRU64 UNIX. dupatch -track gives me the patches installed, but not the dates of the patch installation. I am under going an audit and this a part of the information that is needed. Is there another utility that might resolve my dilemma?

Thanks,
Anthony
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

I don't think you can do it with the dupatch command, as such. However, the information you need is recorded in various files in /var/adm/patch/log. Check out the event.log and the various session.log* files.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

Martin,

Thanks for the answer. I knew about the logs, I was looking for a way to tell what the dates were in the event logs were missing...I do appreciate the time and effort.

Anthony
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

One more log that might be useful: /var/adm/smlogs/setld.log, which tracks setld transactions. This log would allow you to determine exactly when a particular patch subset was loaded.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

Martin,

I did not know about setld.log...I looked at that and it is what I need...

Thanks,
Anthony