Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dupatch

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

dupatch

Hi all,

I cannot find a way to see "when" a patch was installed on TRU64 UNIX. dupatch -track gives me the patches installed, but not the dates of the patch installation. I am under going an audit and this a part of the information that is needed. Is there another utility that might resolve my dilemma?

Thanks,
Anthony
4 REPLIES
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Re: dupatch

I don't think you can do it with the dupatch command, as such. However, the information you need is recorded in various files in /var/adm/patch/log. Check out the event.log and the various session.log* files.

Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

Martin,

Thanks for the answer. I knew about the logs, I was looking for a way to tell what the dates were in the event logs were missing...I do appreciate the time and effort.

Anthony
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

One more log that might be useful: /var/adm/smlogs/setld.log, which tracks setld transactions. This log would allow you to determine exactly when a particular patch subset was loaded.

Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

anthony m. gonzales
Frequent Advisor

Martin,

I did not know about setld.log...I looked at that and it is what I need...

Thanks,
Anthony