New Discussion юеВ

Re: errors in daemon.log

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

errors in daemon.log

hello all,

Today afternoon i saw these messages in the /var/adm/syslog.dated/current/daemon.log .Lot of messages have appeared and I am unable to understand a single message from those.I am attaching the daemon.log file. Please if anyone can help me in understanding the messages.

Thanks
Ninad
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

These are logs caused by someone with root priviledges on node mc01 running the "asemgr" utility to manage the V4.0F/G cluster services. These messages are of the level "Info", and they are logged because the logging level for the cluster software layers has been set to "Informational".
You can reduce/eliminate the informational messages by runnig asemgr and select another logging level like "Error", so that you get only logging for errors from the cluster software modules.

JB..

_JB_
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

The problem is that the 2nd cluster member was down at that time and there is no other root user other than myself and I had not used asemgr at that time. thats why I am unable to understand the messages

Ninad
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

And is "mc01" the nodename of the other member, or is it a member of another cluster on your network.
Another possibility is that you have ASE start/stop scripts that use the asemgr command.

Johan.

_JB_
Mobeen_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Ninad,
All the messages in your attached daemon.log are informational type and hence no correction is required.

As our friends here have suggested, can you use asemgr and make sure that you disable "info" messages and enable "error" type messages. This should stop logging the informational type of messages.

Regards
Mobeen