108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

failed to boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
ERY JP

failed to boot

Hi,
My DS10 crashed but ussually it automatically restart, so it will be normal again. But lately when it crashed it failed to restart automatically. The error message is:

failed to open dkb0.0.0.17.0

or

device dkb0.0.0.17.0 no longer valid
bss = 1294608
Starting at 0xfffffc00004b3dd0
halted CPU0
halt code=2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC=4
boot failure
>>>

sh dev show that dkb0.0.0.17.0 is unavailable. But after I press the Halt/reset, sh dev show that dkb0.0.0.17.0 is available again. Then I can boot normally. My question is: Why device dkb become unavailable on the first time? How to solve this situation?How to know why the DS10 suddenly restart? Hope someone could help me.
5 REPLIES 5
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: failed to boot

My guess is that the faulty disk caused the crash. Fresh system initialization seem to be successful, but the disk problem could still persist at some point.

The crash files under /var/adm/crash directory should have some info.

Also, check the syslog files and the binary.log file.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The disk may be having problems, maybe is about to fail or there is a problem with the cable connections. Also, maybe the power supply is not providing the neccesary power to the disk. Use the show power SRM command to verify the status of the power supply.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
brianhsieh

Can you try to change the SRM setting?
boot_reset = ON

ERY JP

Thanks everybody. Seems the problem is on the hard disk. I already replace it and restore my backup.
ERY JP

The problem is on the hard disk. I already replaced it and restore my backup