4094 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

file system 101% full

GK_5
Regular Advisor

file system 101% full

Hi!

I have a 35GB file system. I deleted all the files in the file system and it was showing 1% used in df. Then I stared copying files in the file system. When files worth of 20GB are copied, it is showing file system 101% full and copy failed.

What could cause this? How to fix this?

If want to recreate the file system, how do I do this. This is a AdvFS file system.

Thanks

-GK-
IT is great!
3 REPLIES 3
Blake Roberts
Frequent Advisor

Re: file system 101% full

Would there be an application which is running on that filesystem, other than the copy? There are times where an application will start "eating up" filesystem space, due to inode corruption. When you stop the application, the space will magically reappear.

I do not know if this is the case for you, but it might be something to look at.

Regards,
--Blake Roberts
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

- On your system use: quotacheck

- Check out forum topic http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=497590

I found this back in 2 second using: search "more options" (top of screen), Forum Tru64, word 'full', subject line only.

Also... do you perhpas have more than 1 fileset in the domain? They all share storage, so an other set can eat up block for the mountpoint.
Check with df and showfsets

Look for mountpoints with the same word before the #
Like here:
usr_domain#usr 29691408 2492730 27121200 9% /usr
usr_domain#var 29691408 37342 27121200 1% /var

So filesets usr and var share 27121200 blocks in domain usr_domain.
Both really have as many block available, but one LOOKS more used than the other. (Smoke and mirrors!)

Hein.

GK_5
Regular Advisor

Hi!

I found the problem. I'm using file domain and filesets. Actually some of the space was taken by other filesets in the same domain. I need to reorganize my filesets based on the size.

Thanks

-GK-
IT is great!