108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: keyboard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

keyboard

the keyboard is work under P00>>>,but doesn't work in Login windows .
8 REPLIES 8
noldi
Valued Contributor

Have you tried another one?
Have you set the console-variable
"console" to "graphics"?
Have you set the console-variable
"language" to the correct value?
Are you behind a console switch?
If yes, does it work when you bypass it?

Good luck!

Best Regards,

noldi

Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

as Noldi said, we would need more information.
Sometimes it happens to me, I am connecting to the system using a raritan switch, and you can switch to another system/view/port on the switch then back to your login screen and it works.

HTH
Mohamed
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

please tell us, what you exactly mean with does not work? No characters appear at all, wrong characters or what?

greetings,

Michael
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

Hi noldi ,Mohamed &Michael
1,the console is graphic mode,
2,the console language value is 36
3,without the console switch between the keyboard and host.
the problem is that i can input any characters by the keyboard under P00>>>, (show dev,show config ,set console .... )but I cann't input any characters after boot up to the Login windows. I try to boot up to single user ,but the problem the same as before. it seem the host loss the connection whit the keyboard after boot up.

Thanks
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor
Solution

please use the sizer command (man sizer) to check what kind of keyboard was detected by the kernel.

Check also if "options ws" is included within the kernelparameter-file. Boot with generic kernel to check if kernel contains all necessary options.

Always test without keyboard switch!
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Try another thing, hook a keyboard, mouse and screen directly to the back of the system without any thing in between (switch, long cables etc) and see if it works.
I had a problem like this before while using a KVM switch, and the bad part was the KVM switch.

HTH
Mohamed
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

be sure the KVM Switch is certified for Alpha hardware but you wrote in a previous entry removing the switch does not solve the problem.

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Rambo....Could you post a resolution for your problem please and what did you do to make it work at the end

Thanks
Mohamed