Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1748092 Members
5248 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

looking for missing ECU config file for AS2100 (yes I have the ECU disk)

looking for missing ECU config file for AS2100 (yes I have the ECU disk)

Hey guys,

I've finally rebuilt the last of the batch of 2100's that came to me in boxes full of small bits and I have an EISA config problem. I have the ECU v.1.11a diskettes for both NT and Tru64/VMS.

The problem is that ECU complains about the EISA raid controller I've installed. It wants a config file called "APG_FEFB.CFG" in order to add this controller to my bus but this file is apparently not included with my version of the ECU diskettes.

This is the only card I have with the proper connectors for the RA200 cages inside the box so I'm hoping maybe someone here has this file on one of their ECU diskettes and can post or email it to me? I know I can probably go buy a bunch of adapters and use one of the PCI KZPCC's I have lying around, but I'd like to save those for the newer machines that really might need a spare. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack
3 REPLIES 3
Anthon Vervoort
Advisor

Re: looking for missing ECU config file for AS2100 (yes I have the ECU disk)

Hello Jack,

Under the graphics Alpha BIOS, you can start the ECU diskettes for using the config files of EISA etc. Start the file ECU on the floppy or frimware-CD, if its available. After using it, save it.

Anthon.
Anthon

Thanks, Anthon, I appreciate the help but it isn't that I don't know how to use my ECU diskettes; I've done that a zillion times to add all kinds of cards to older Alphas with EISA buses. The problem is that the particular config file for the raid controller I want to use is not included on either ECU diskette that I have (version 1.11 for use with NT and version 1.11 for use with tru64/vms). To clarify, I was asking if anyone had the file in question, which is called APG_FEFB.CFG, so that I could make my own floppy with it to configure the card. The ECU disks I have discover the EISA card in question but then prompt me for this file because it does not already exist on either diskette.

For the time being, I've simply skirted the issue by installing a PCI KZPCC controller and configured it with its onboard bios to attach it to an external enclosure.

Jack
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Here is ECU v1.8
Try with this.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster