Re: nagios monitoring

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dierauer Roger
Occasional Advisor

nagios monitoring

Hi Admins
A big question:
does anybody use nagios (www.nagios.org) for monitoring your tru64-boxes. we do that... but...
there exist a software called nrpe-plugin from the nagios page who act as an plugin inside your tru64boxes. so you can submit events, traps, etc...

i dont no why, but this plugin dont wanna work on my maschines. installation (compilation) works errorfree and runs on other (linux) maschines perfectly... but on tru64 not.

any idea???

kind regards speedyx
6 REPLIES 6
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

please open a call within the software vendor or organisation of www.nagios.org.

We do not support this open source project and forum is HP product related.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Dierauer Roger
Occasional Advisor

ok... sorry for disturbing :-)
Dierauer Roger
Occasional Advisor

http://europe-support3.external.hp.com/emse/bin/doc.pl/emse/bin/doc.pl/distrib_redir=2+1097066597|*?rn=25&source=7000&hpl=1&from=forums&searchcategory=ALL&todo=search&origin=0&wpa=forums1.itrc.hp.com%3A80&searchcriteria=allwords&searchtext=nagios&esc=europe-support3.external.hp.com&chkServStor=on&presort=rank
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor
Solution

>> does anybody use nagios (www.nagios.org) for monitoring your tru64-boxes

Hey Roger, I think that is a fine question you asked and absolutely in the proper forum.
I'm delighted to learn about an other 3rd party verdor with support for Tru64, and hope someone else can share their experiences, good or bad with, this product.
I'm lookign forward to further replies!

>> this plugin dont wanna work on my maschines
>> runs on other (linux) maschines perfectly... but on tru64 not.

Again a fine quesiton trying to figure out why Tru64 migth be differnt, but unfortunately you do not give us much change the help. "doesn't work" is a little vague :-).
How can you tell? Maybe there simply where no events? (Ok, I'm teasing!).
Did you get an error? Which one? Any logfile entries, or just 'nothing happens'.

I agree with Ralf that is there appears to be something broken in nagios, then ultimately they will have to support you. But in the mean time we can work here to see what might be different for Tru64.

For starters... might their code not be 64-bit safe? Are they playing pointer/integer casting games in the API's ?

Hope this helps a little,
Hein.

Dierauer Roger
Occasional Advisor

Hi Thankx for your support :-)
Today i have a little big stress...
next week i will try again an deliver you deatailed logs and errors....

kind regards speedyx
Ross Minkov
Esteemed Contributor

Try sending your question to nagiosplug-help mailing list (nagiosplug-help@lists.sourceforge.net). This list is intended to be a resource for anyone who is having problems with the plugins.