Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osf-usr license

SOLVED
Go to solution
Qing Zhu
Advisor

osf-usr license

Hi,
When using lmf registering osf-base license, I accidently deleted the existing osf-usr license. Now whenever I try to login remotely, it says too many users already logged on.
How can I restore osf-usr without reinstallation? (DS10, V5.1B-1)

Thanks in advance,
Qing
6 REPLIES
Abdul Rahiman
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: osf-usr license

If you have a recent backup of your system since the license was updated, restore the lmf database directory (/usr/var/adm/lmf) from the backups and run the following command to reset the license,

# lmf reset

HTH,
Abdul.
No unix, no fun
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you need the license paper, enter the information like in the templates in /var/adm/lmf, lmf register file, save, and do a lmf reset.

this should do it.

Michael
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

what Abdul says, is a good idea. The license database is
/var/adm/lmf/ldb
It has also a backup. If you copy it to ldb, maybe the deleted license is still there.

Michael
Abdul Rahiman
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there again,
Try to list from the lmf history file by running,

lmf history full for OSF-USR
No unix, no fun
Qing Zhu
Advisor

I restored the ldb file and osf-usr is back.

Thank you guys.
Qing
Yong_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

list license won't show the CHECKSUM, ldb is a good idea if you have backup. with service contract, HP can help.

CHeers !

YJ