Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical memory utilization and total physical memory installed ( RAM) in the system

sudhakara
Occasional Advisor

physical memory utilization and total physical memory installed ( RAM) in the system

Hi,

i am new to Tru64 OS and i would like to know what is the command to check Total Physical RAM and Memory Utilisation in the tru64 system.

i tried with the command vmstat -P and provided an information as below.

msctbos02: reports> vmstat -P

Total Physical Memory = 122880.00 M

= 15728640 pages

i didnt understand this Physical Memory information. 

how to check the Physical Memory Utilisation of the systems.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: physical memory utilization and total physical memory installed ( RAM) in the system

sudhakara
Occasional Advisor

Re: physical memory utilization and total physical memory installed ( RAM) in the system

Hi,

thanks for the reply, in our production system.  120GB Memory Use shows. but ubc pages = 3737630.

how to determine/ calculate these pages in terms of GB/MB. also let me know root cause of the issue.

Thanks

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor