4185 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: redetect domain

admin1979
Super Advisor

redetect domain

Hello,

We have tru64 server. And it has 2 disk enclosures. Now the SCSI connection these disk enclosures lost for some time.
Now one of the domains present on these disk enclosures are inaccessible. Like this,

# showfdmn source_domain
showfdmn: unable to get info for domain 'source_domain'
showfdmn: error = I/O error

Now the SCSI connections are proper. We can also see all the required disks in scu show edt. But how do we make sure that the domain is recognised by the system. We have lsm and since lsm cannot access this domain the volume is disabled as well.
There mus be a way to redetect the domain by tru64 system.
Can someone help?

Thanx,
admin
9 REPLIES 9
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

If the disk and volume are 'detectable', then the domain will also be detectable. You must first try to enable the volumes that are used by this domain. After that, showfdmn will work fine.
admin1979
Super Advisor

Thanks for the reply. But the problem is , somehow LSM has put the sourcedg volume disabled.

# voldg list
NAME STATE ID
rootdg enabled 966101943.1025.bwgb550.vt.siemens.de
sourcedg disabled 1007210557.3627.bwgb550.vt.siemens.de
dokudg enabled 940102215.1973.bwgb550.vt.siemens.de
toolsdg enabled 944403128.1335.bwgb550.vt.siemens.de

And also the /etc/fdmns/source_domain
is only showing this and no disks,

SERVER1:/etc/fdmns/source_domain> ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 28 Apr 19 2003 sourcedg.vol_source->/dev/vol/sourcedg/vol_source

That means even though the disks are accessible by the system "scu show edt" , somehow LSM should recognise it.
Any thoughts?
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

The devices won't be visible under /etc/fdmns directory when you are using LSM for the domain. So, your current task should be to 'enable' the volumes that are currently disabled. I will check and let you know if I find something.
admin1979
Super Advisor

Yes you are right. That is what I am trying to find out somehow to enable the volume which is disabled as the I/O was disturbed.
So now the situation is Disks are present, Data is present , rest all LSM is working. Only problem with the source_domain/sourcedg.

We wish to try out all the options before we decide to reboot. Please let us know if you have anything in mind.
Thanx.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try this: http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARH9BDTE/TITLE.HTM

There is a 'Troubleshooting' section as well.

Good luck!
admin1979
Super Advisor

Its V4.0D , let me go through the required section in it.

Thinking of volrecover command maybe. Dont know the implications though.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

4.0D is out of support :(

4.0F manual is available here: http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V40F_HTML/AQ3NCETE/TITLE.HTM
admin1979
Super Advisor

I know :( ...but trying to match 4.0F so far.
Lets see. Will volrestore for that specific domain work here as we have the backup taken of the working LSM?
admin1979
Super Advisor

Thanx