3073 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rmc console from dec700

Cesar_31
Advisor

rmc console from dec700

hello,
i have a dec terminal server 700, connected to an alphaserver es40. All works fine, but if i connect to the console from the dec server, and i try to connect to RMC console, sequence esc+esc+rmc donot work, but if i connect to the console port from a laptop, i can connect to the rmc console. it is seems a problem with the terminal server (console server). Is it necessary a special configuration for the console server?
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

No,

to connect to RMC console, the console must be physiacally connected to that server
never give up
Cesar_31
Advisor

hello,
this is not true. Last week I try from a terminal server in other client, and i can connect to the rmc console, from a telnet session to the terminal server, but i do not know the model of the terminal server or if it is a dec server.
thanks
Cesar
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

there are a lot of parameters which can be set on terminal server side and on the terminal session itself.

So it seems your key sequence will be filtered.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Cesar_31
Advisor

any idea about which parameter modify to avoid escape sequence? i think that client it is correctely configurate, because i can connect to rmc console in other terminal server.
thanks
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

why not simply compare the terminal characteristics between a working and non working environment?
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }