Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rmc console from dec700

Cesar_31
Advisor

rmc console from dec700

hello,
i have a dec terminal server 700, connected to an alphaserver es40. All works fine, but if i connect to the console from the dec server, and i try to connect to RMC console, sequence esc+esc+rmc donot work, but if i connect to the console port from a laptop, i can connect to the rmc console. it is seems a problem with the terminal server (console server). Is it necessary a special configuration for the console server?
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Re: rmc console from dec700

Hi,

No,

to connect to RMC console, the console must be physiacally connected to that server
never give up
Cesar_31
Advisor

hello,
this is not true. Last week I try from a terminal server in other client, and i can connect to the rmc console, from a telnet session to the terminal server, but i do not know the model of the terminal server or if it is a dec server.
thanks
Cesar
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

there are a lot of parameters which can be set on terminal server side and on the terminal session itself.

So it seems your key sequence will be filtered.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Cesar_31
Advisor

any idea about which parameter modify to avoid escape sequence? i think that client it is correctely configurate, because i can connect to rmc console in other terminal server.
thanks
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

why not simply compare the terminal characteristics between a working and non working environment?
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }