1748158 Members
4174 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: server got hung

rajesh73
Super Advisor

server got hung

We have tru-64 three Nide cluster when one server have problem remaining server also got hung. After reboot the problem will resolve. Pls advice I am new in tru-64.

When server got hung .how to reboot .pls share the procedure. Normally how to boot one single node sever

2 REPLIES 2
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Hi Rajesh,

When a Tru64 system is hung to the point you have no command line access, you can force it to crash and reboot from the SRM console.  First, get console access and halt the system (the specifics of how to do this will vary depending on your Alpha system model).  Then when you have the SRM prompt, which generally ends with ">>>", do this:

1. Optionally (if you want to create a crash dump that can be analyzed to find the problem), enter CRASH at the SRM prompt.  The system will write a crash dump.

2. After the crash dump finishes writing, enter BOOT at the SRM prompt.

When the system comes back up, check the logs in /var/adm/syslog.dated and /var/adm/messages around the time of the hang for any indications.  If you did step 1 to save a crash dump, this can also be analyzed to try and determine the cause of the hang.

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

cmsenthilk
HPE Pro

Hi There,

Also while in SRM prompt, you may want to check if the

P00>>> auto_action

is set to Halt, so that the server gets back to SRM level and halt there was us to run the CRASH command.

• BOOT - Attempt bootstrap
  • HALT - Halt, Enter console I/O mode
  • RESTART - Attempt restart. If restart fails, boot.

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details