Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setld command options

Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

setld command options

Hi,

If i want to "force" install an already installed software, what is the option in "setld" ??
I think "-f" is the option for this ??
Specifically, can we use this "-f" option with sotwares installed with "-l" option ??

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
4 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: setld command options

Try to remove the kit with -D, remove the files for the kit within /usr/.smdb. and reinstall the software....
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ramesh.K.R.
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for that quick reply.
So, there is no option to "reinstall" the s/w in setld ??
We have this reinstall option in swinstall of HPUX

Regards,
Ramesh.K.R.
hai
Mobeen_1
Esteemed Contributor

Ramesh,
I think the best is to uninstall the software and do a new install as if you are doing a new installation.

It also depends on what s/w u are installing. In some cases if i were you, i would even perform a reboot of deinstalling before attempting the install again

Our friend in my prior post has already given you the option to deinstall (which is -D)

Have fun :)

rgds
Mobeen
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Remesh,

Brute force removal of a subset installation can be done by deleting the SUBSET001.lk and SUBSET001.sts of the named SUBSET001 in /usr/.smdb./** , without these files setld "thinks" SUBSET001 is not installed.

Well written software kits, preserve your customisation settings before deletion of the subset via "setld -d", and reuse the preserved parameters at the next installation.
(notice the lowercase '-d' for delete, uppercase '-D' is used for something else)

WARNING: do not use 'setld -d' or the brute force method for things installed by 'dupatch'.

Have fun,
Johan.

_JB_