Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting snmp alert notification

Mohammad_14
Occasional Advisor

starting snmp alert notification

HI every body;
I have a big unix server environment and i would like to make the performance monitor to be more advanced via initializing snmp service to alert me via sms or email about any event or a class of chosen events and how much critical this event or error is.

how could i start this

thank you all
2 REPLIES
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: starting snmp alert notification

Not sure this is what you're after or not Mohammad, but have you looked at the /etc/evmlogger.conf file? It's set up by default to send events with a priority of 600 or higher to the root account. You could set up some more elaborate 'forward' clauses to get various events sent to other places.
Mohammad_14
Occasional Advisor

Re: starting snmp alert notification

Thank you for replying i found a tool called advanced host monitoring tool that enable me to set a schedualed tests to some servers like SUN and LINUX unfortunatilly they dont have agents for HP and TRU64 they sent me the source code and am trying to alter it inorder to work with HP environment

www.ks-soft.net