Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system tracing program - trace/truss

Cássio Dias
Occasional Contributor

system tracing program - trace/truss

Hi,
I have tru64 version 5.1b and i want to trace program, i download from ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/unix/digital_unix/trace/ and i try to install all version, however i get errors:
cc: Error: trace.c, line 455: In this statement, "EF_A3" is not declared. (undeclared)
&regs.regs[EF_A3],
-------------------------------^
cc: Error: trace.c, line 472: In this statement, "EF_T8" is not declared. (undeclared)
(regs.regs[EF_T8])?(long)(-1):(int)(regs.regs[0]),/*return*/
-------------------------------^
cc: Error: trace.c, line 485: In this statement, "EF_T8" is not declared. (undeclared)
if(!regs.regs[EF_T8]) { /* did fork() succeed? */
------------------------------^

somebody can help me?
4 REPLIES
Balasubramanian S
Frequent Advisor

Re: system tracing program - trace/truss

The error EF_A3 and EF_T8 not declared are due to some problem in the V5.1B Tru64 header file. The build goes fine on V4.0G. When the /usr/include/machine/reg.h file which contains the definitions for the above constants is viewed in the two versions of OS,

V5.1B contains this line
#if defined(_KERNEL) || defined(_EXCEPTION_FRAME)

whereas V4.0 doesn't. I dont know how are _KERNEL and _EXCEPTION_FRAME set.

The Enhanced system V Functionality
(ESVF) kit contains the truss utility; I believe it is available in APCD2.
Cássio Dias
Occasional Contributor

I install "entended system v" from APCD #2, but trace/truss not installed.

srv42#which truss
no truss in /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/local /opt/zip

srv42#whereis truss
truss:

srv42 #trace
ksh: trace: not found
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Another way to find a utlity back on the system is to "grep truss /usr/.smdb./*.inv "

You will find that it is in /usr/opt/svr4/usr/bin/ (from subset ESVFBIN200)

__ Johan.

_JB_
Cássio Dias
Occasional Contributor

Hi __Johan,

It´s work.

THANKS !!!!!