Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

true64 installation date

SOLVED
Go to solution
System Unix
Frequent Advisor

true64 installation date

Hi,

I am looking for a command that will give me as an output the installation date of the server using True64.

thanks and regards,

Reuven
Reuven
6 REPLIES
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: true64 installation date

Hmm, why would yo want to know that?
Anyway, I don't think there is a specific command for that.

I woudl look at the date&time for /vmunix as well as : /sys/conf/SYSTEM_NAME

hth,
Hein.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Check:

/var/adm/smlogs/install.log

You will see something like:

*** Performing CDROM Installation

===== Tue Nov 11 15:03:09 GMT 2003 =====
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
System Unix
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ivan,

Thanks very much. this is what I need.

rgds,
Reuven
Reuven
System Unix
Frequent Advisor

Hi Hein,

I need that information since we have ~1000 servers in an development environment with all platforms and os versions. since the servers are reused and reinstallated many times we need that info for statistics purpose.

I could not get the info from the solution you gave me .
thanks anyway .

regds,

Reuven
Reuven
Don Ritchey
Frequent Advisor

Look at the timestamps on /cluster/member or other /cluster/member CDSLs for the date. These links are created at the time of system installation and are normally not changed by any system activity after that.

If you have a lot of Tru64 UNIX systems, then a Perl script that dumps the ctime or mtime value for the link would be worth the investment in time for you to create. It shouldn't take more than 2 or three lines of Perl to dump the date.
System Unix
Frequent Advisor

thx, Don
Reuven