Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

true64

andrew holloway_3
Occasional Contributor

true64

I need to know if adding the following line will it have any major affect on my system.

this line is to be added to a our ddr.dbase.
we want to see a certain disk type and have have added the required info but I want to see the identifier as well.
so if I add
attributname= rpt_chgbl_dev_ident"
length = 4
will this display the identifier and will it have an impact on my system.
i think it will work and some cofirm.
3 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: true64

It is not "true64" it is "tru64"!!!

Please be more specific in the topic and post your questions to the right section. Database is not a valid categorie for your question!
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi

editing ddr.dbase wouldn't work, you need to compile this file

ddr.dbase is a text database file of SCSI CAM device definitions

Dynamic Device Recognition (DDR) is a framework for describing the operating parameters and characteristics of SCSI devices to the SCSI CAM I/O subsystem.

you have to usr utility /sbin/ddr_config.

ddr_config complies the ddr.dbase file into /etc/ddr.db file

never give up
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

If you have a special entry for non-DEC/CPQ/HP devices in the ddr.dbase, and you now add
AttributeName = "rpt_chgbl_dev_ident"
Length = 4

and after having compiled the ddr.dbase with ddr_config to create an updated /etc/ddr.db,
at the next reboot, these disk devices may receive another dsk-name, since you changed the way they represent their WWID to the OS.

Johan.

_JB_