Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

umask on ftp

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jess_13
Advisor

umask on ftp

Hi experts,
Whenever I transfer a file to another server using ftp, by default the file is rw-r--r--. Would like to change the umask to 002 (rw-rw-r--). What is the command to do that?

Another question, if i manage to change the umask to 002, it will apply to all unix users? (eg. root, usera, userb will also generate file that is rw-rw-r-- using ftp?)

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES
Orjan Petersson
Frequent Advisor

Re: umask on ftp

Jess_13
Advisor

Hi,
I did search some of the solutions in this forum. For the 1st example, it is regarding site umask. It is only a temporary solution and need to be set whenever file is to be transfer. I would like to change ftp files permanently to rw-rw-r--.

2nd example, the changes is made permanently but it is applied globally. Is there any method to change on specifically 1 unix user only?

Appreciate on any suggestions.
Orjan Petersson
Frequent Advisor

One option is to replace ftpd with e.g. ProFTPD (www.proftpd.org).
Jess_13
Advisor

I came over with documentation regarding ftpaccess, is this included in the conventional ftp services?

I do not have this file in any of my directories.

Thank you.
Orjan Petersson
Frequent Advisor
Solution

The standard tru64 ftpd does not use an ftpaccess file.