1753767 Members
5902 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: /var/adm/messages - Error Messages

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Looks like the device reporting the error is LUN 4 in any case...

One thing I did notice from the error log is that some entries come from an HSG running 8.7F and some running 8.7S. Do you have more than one pair of HSG80s?

If you're in a situation with an HSG80 pair running two different versions of ACS that's a very bad thing.

Also, I find that wsea (System Event Analyzer) from the WEBES kit on the Associated Products CD does a better job of interpreting HSG events that DECEVENT.
Erich Wimmer
Valued Contributor

I believe dsk8 is in error too. According the hwmgr output sent dsk8 = Bus 1 Target 0 Lun 0.
So the device in binary.errlog Lun 4 must be another ?
Erich
Srivathsan
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

Thanks for your response..

Just to add...I have been having these messages only during the weekly syscheck run ( every saturday evening ), otherwise i don't get any such events logged.

If that makes any sense.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

I have seen cases where running sys_check causes spurious HSx "events." I've never seen these correlate to any real errors so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

You didn't answer the question about how many HSG80 pairs you have though. If you're really running different ACS versions in the two halves of a controller pair I would be very worried - and kind of surprised it even works!
Erich Wimmer
Valued Contributor

sys_check is accessing the HSG80 command console LUN to get the configuration data. As mentioned before this may disturb the I/O for a disk residing on LUN 0. This is possibly the reason for the error messages. But you should take into consideration also all other hints.
Erich
Srivathsan_2
Advisor

Thanks everyone...i will check.