Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buggy Management Agents Installer

Angelo Conforti
Occasional Visitor

Buggy Management Agents Installer

There's a bug in the install procedure of hpmgmt-8.x.x-vmware4x.tgz . Il the VM Note contains more than a single line (a single CR at the end of the first line for example)
the vmsvc/getallvms display an empty line.

[root@esx-prod-ostia 851]# vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms
Vmid Name File Guest OS Version Annotation
32 DC-OSTIA01 [ARRAY1_R1_L1] DC-OSTIA01/DC-OSTIA01.vmx winNetStandardGuest vmx-04 Domain Controller Active Directory 2003 R2 (Global Catalog)
48 FRASCATI [ARRAY1_R1_L1] FRASCATI/FRASCATI.vmx winNetEnterpriseGuest vmx-04 FILE SERVER
64 MARINO [ARRAY1_R1_L1] MARINO/MARINO.vmx winNetStandardGuest vmx-04 Print Server Ostia
80 SFURSAT [ARRAY2_R5_L0] SFURSAT/SFURSAT.vmx winNetStandardGuest vmx-04 SQL Server Express 2005

[root@esx-prod-ostia 851]#

The ./install851vibs.sh not run. If I activate "debug" code in the script I see:
[root@esx-prod-ostia 851]# ./install851vibs.sh --silent --inputfile hpmgmt.conf.example

HP Insight Manager Agent 8.5.1-1 Installer for VMware ESX
Target System is VMware ESX 4.1.0 build-260247
Server: ProLiant ML370 G5

Insufficient arguments.
Insufficient arguments.
An active Virtual Machine [ ] has been detected on host [esx-prod-ostia.energiaspa.it]
Total number of VMs detected on system [5]
Number of VMS powered off [ 4 ]
Number of VMS suspended [ 0 ]
Found active VM [ 1 ]

Found VMs are 5, but is not true. If I remove the second line from VM "SFURSAT" the installer runs
perfectly. Please take care of this problem.

Reference:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884310&prodNameId=3884311&swEnvOID=4091&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-f6677776c89348d48a24384c9d