Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install Insight Control for vCenter without SIM?

MattGGG
Occasional Contributor

Can I install Insight Control for vCenter without SIM?

I installed Insight Control for vCenter and entered the OA/VC config into the plugin config.  However,  the vCenter plugin only shows the servers names, and no OA, iLO, or VC data.

Does this install require SIM?  If not,  would should I be able to see without SIM.

Also,  what will I not be able to see if I have not purchased Insight Control licneses for the blades?   Where can I view if Insight Licenses are in use?

Thanks,

-Matt

1 REPLY
Casper42
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can I install Insight Control for vCenter without SIM?

I don't have a chart showing what you get from where, but the last 3 versions of this plugin have moved more and more away from requiring SIM/IC and more to a direct model of IC4VC being the only thing you need.

When you setup the plugin, there is a spot on the Main vCenter GUI Home page to put in the credentials and in there you have to add either specific or wildcard * information for iLO. OA and VC passwords.