New Discussion ī„‚

DL325 with smart array SR 100i ESXi 7

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

DL325 with smart array SR 100i ESXi 7

We have DL325 Gen10 with this option 

HPE Dual M.2 SATA SSD Enablement Option DL/ML that contains 2 SSD sata devices.

These can be configured in SW RAID as per the Smart Array 100i SR.

Installing esxi 7 it doesn't see the raid, it's still not supported ?

Is there a way to configured the DUAL SSD in redudancy with esxi ?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: DL325 with smart array SR 100i ESXi 7

System recommended content:

1. HPE Smart Array SR Gen10 Configuration Guide

2. HPE Smart Array SR Gen10 User Guide

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

Casper42
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: DL325 with smart array SR 100i ESXi 7

SR100i and prior S100i do not support vSphere 7.

This is because VMware only allows VMware Native mode drivers on vSphere 7, and the driver for S100i/SR100i was never ported to Native mode.

For Gen10 and above, the only thing that really works on S100i/SR100i is Windows.

You can flip the SATA Ports from SR100i back to AHCI (HBA) mode if you like and just see the 2 indiividual drives (No RAID)

As far as I know there is no supported method to RAID the 2 M.2 drives in your config, under vSphere 7 at least.

ksram
HPE Pro

Re: DL325 with smart array SR 100i ESXi 7

Hi,

Thank you for the Post.

Please refer : https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00019427enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Notes:  S100i  Software  RAID  only  supports  Windows.  For  Linux  users,  HPE offers  a  solution  that  uses  in-distro  open-source software  to  create  a  two-disk  RAID  1  boot  volume.  For  more  information  visit: https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/project/lsrrb/ Notes:  Customers  using  Linux and  VMware  can  use  the  embedded  SATA  ports  in  AHCI  mode.  In  AHCI  mode S100i  Software RAID  is  not enabled. 

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo