Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi

Florian Schmutz
Frequent Advisor

DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi

Hi

I have installed a new dl380Gen9 with a  HP FlexFabric 10GB 533FLR-T Adapter onboard.
I Used the HP Customized ESXi Build and updated the Server with the last SPP from Oktober.
After the sucessfully install i tryed to use the Hardware dependend iscsi. But i cant see the vmhba under storage in the vsphere client. There is only the SATA controller and the Smartarry but no Brodcom.
I tryed to open a case at hp but i dont get no responde till jet.
I downloaded to be shure the newest firmware and also drivers from the hpe support page for the nic but if i try to upgrade or install im getting the notice that already have the latest driver installed.

I Read the article about iscsi Offlload

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5404524&docId=emr_na-c04408042&docLocal...

The Site 24 under VMware discripes how to configure but well i still cant see the vmhba.3x.

Has anyone the same problem or have any idea how to fix it?
I dont want use the software iscsi cause of the load witch we ar generating over the 10GB nic....

Thanks

Florian

1 REPLY
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi