108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ESXi host memory health warning - iLo 5 v2.30

SOLVED
Go to solution
AmritRanjan
HPE Pro

Re: ESXi host memory health warning - iLo 5 v2.30

Customer Advisory is published on this issue.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00106468en_us

I work for HPE
Sysadminm
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue.  I just updated all our hosts to ILO 5 v2.30 and within a short time vCenter received the same errors.  It is not specific to the synergy blades.  We have a few stand alone DL380s which also get this error after the ILO update.

Sysadminm
Frequent Visitor

Also note we are still running ESXi 6.0 as well.

AmritRanjan
HPE Pro

All iLO5 based servers will show these additional sensors on firmware v2.30.

I work for HPE
UlrichThomas
Advisor

Hello, I wonder why such updates are not properly tested before release. Most customers will use VMware and encounter this issue.

Does HPE not test in a VMware environment?

This should definitely be improved in the future, or with new releases also provide an appropriate VMware update.

JoeAcosta

Exactly my thoughts.  This issue occured on all of my BL460c Gen10s, running the current recipe. 

I thought recipes were tested by HPe.  How does something so blatantly obvious get missed?   Seriously - these issues appeared in minutes to hours in my environment, with no "special circumstances" to make the problem occur.

Keysteal
Visitor

Same here. New Hp Proliant with Esxi 6.7U3 and latest ILO installed. So the solution for now is to ignore the errors, right?

RajSanthanakris
HPE Pro

Yes, we don't see any functional impact. This issue is being actively worked upon by VMware engineering team.

Thanks,
Rajagopal

I work for HPE
EPuser

We raised this with HPE as soon as it was released and unfortunately they were not helpful.  They simply closed the case and gave me some commands to run to check the memory status via SSH.  If you use HpeIloCmdlets via PowerShell to manage iLO you will notcie this is also broken as well as VMware host health reporting.  When trying to run simple commands such as to return firmware versions you get no data. Again the repsonse from HPE? Sent me some commands to check memory status. I asked about how the updates were tested and how we got in this mess but no response.

Keysteal
Visitor

it depends on the person supporting you, this is not an answer, because I think all the people here can check the memory status in ILO, without using the commands in the terminal.