Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESXi installation broke after reboot

argsa
Occasional Visitor

ESXi installation broke after reboot

Hello HPE Community,

i want to show my boss how a baremetal hypervisor can improve our companys infrastructure with the help of VMs, so I installed vsphere 6.5 hypervisor on one of our racks. Installation worked well and i was able to boot up the machine into the ESXi host. After a reboot of the host machine the vmware bootloader tells me "bank 5 invalid configuration no hypervisor found" and just wont boot anymore(the ESXi boots exactly 1 time successfully after installation). I have to reinstall the system so that i can re-use it until another reboot goes down. I was searching the internet for hours, but all i found was that it may be caused by HPE using verified SDCards/Flash drives for situations like this one.

Im new to all this topic, so if you need any futher information, dont hesitate to ask.

VMWARE VSPHERE used for installation:  VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-OS-Release-5146846-HPE-650.9.6.5.27-May2017

Host Server: HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9

USB drive where the esxi host is installed to: ADATA UV131 / 16GB

Error Message: bank 5 invalid configuration no hypervisor found

License: Free

Kind regards

argsa

PS: i hope im in the right topic, otherwise tell me to correct it.