108781 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA4000/EVA4400 - ESXi 4.1

Frank Dölz
Occasional Contributor

EVA4000/EVA4400 - ESXi 4.1

Hallo Leute,

ich habe hier einen ESXi im SAN.
Dieser ist per FC HBA angebunden und zur EVA4000/EVA4400 gezont. Diese sieht den HOST und er ist als OS Type VMware konfiguriert.
Nun sieht der ESXi die LUNS nicht, auch ein reboot oder Speicher prüfen ist nicht zielführend.
Hat jemand einen Vorschlag?
Hardware:
Product Name: ProLiant DL360 G4p
Proc 1: 3000 MHz
HBA: 4GB HP
Dieser Server war vorher als Windows 2003 server an beiden EVA Systemen. Wurde als Host entfernt im Commandview und neu angelegt.
Keine Luns zu sehen.
WWNs werden korrekt an beiden EVA System gesehen.
Bin für jeden Hinweis dankbar.
MfG

Frank Dölz
4 REPLIES 4
Oscar_Maimó
Regular Advisor

Re: EVA4000/EVA4400 - ESXi 4.1

In English please
Frank Dölz
Occasional Contributor

in Englisch:
i have an esxi 4.1 system witch san connection. the host is seen by the eva storage with the correct WWNs. It is configured as an vmware host in commandview eva.
The san zoning is correct because the server runs before as an windows 2003 system an uses the luns form san.
reboot or new assigning the luns did not solve the problem.
Hradware data:
Product Name: ProLiant DL360 G4p
Proc 1: 3000 MHz
HBA: 4GB HP
Problem: teh vmware esxi system does not see any lun presented bei eva.
di anyone has an idea?
Thanks
mFg
Frank Dölz
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
first - I doubt your old server is supported on ESXi4.1
second - do you see HBA's under configuration of ESXi? Heva you tried to rescan them?

Jan
Frank Dölz
Occasional Contributor

Hello Guys,
the problem is solved.
Solution: the eva remembers all wwns, that was seen to her. So as i deletet the host, there were the wwns already seen, but in real the server has not an connection to the eva. I discovered the complete zoning configuration and there was the old zone already removed. So i set up an new zone for esxi and eva4000 and then the esxi saw the luns.

I know that this hardware was not supported, but for our test environment it is very usefull because there is an fc hba in.

Thanks for the help and ideas

mFg

Frank Dölz